I offer courses for beginners and advanced printmakers in the techniques lithography and woodcut. Possible course languages: German and English, previous knowledge is not required.
The building of the fux eG cooperative (former Viktoria barracks) is located in Hamburg-Altona. It is easily accessible by public transport and is an exciting production space for art, culture, commerce and education. The print studio is part of a room shared by 6 artists, based on the 1st floor. It includes an area for drawing and 15sqm area for printing. The workshop is suitable for individual artists or small groups of up to 3 people.
Large windows and daylight illumination allow working in a bright and beautiful atmosphere. Literature / catalogs are available for inspiration, as well as hot and cold drinks. Aprons and gloves
are provided. Before the start of the course, there will be a materials briefing. In the workshop, solvent-free work will be done whenever possible, but the use of rosin, talcum, gum arabic, Agum
Z, printing ink and lamp oil is necessary.
– 1 Peter van Ginkel hand press L60
max. paper size 60 x 90 cm
– mobile grinding basin 90 x 90 cm
– paper cutting table (up to DIN A1)
– drawing tables, lighting table
– drying bar for prints
– material lifter for stone transport
– 25 lithography stones up to 55 cm x 65 cm
– grindingding sand and grinding wheel Ø 12 cm
– lithographic ink and chalks, brushes
– leather rollers, rubber rollers
– roll up ink, printing ink, special colors
– printing papers
HOW TO FIND US
S11, S21, S31 or bus 3, 180
Train stop »Holstenstraße«, then 10 minutes on foot
Bus 15, 20, 25, 183, 283
Bus stop »Max-Brauer-Allee (Mitte)«, then 5 minutes on foot